The IEC 61010 series of standards covers various types of laboratory equipment, such as centrifuges, heaters or stirrers. The KEYMKR test laboratory is accredited for this standard, as it is the basic standard which also covers IVD equipment.
In this context, also see Particular Standard IEC 61010-2-101.
Test areas covered by standard
- Labelling and instructions for use
- Protection against electric shock
- Protection against mechanical hazards
- Robustness of the enclosure
- Fire prevention
- Temperature resistance
- Protection against ingress of liquids and mechanical objects
- Protection against radiation, including laser and ultrasound
- Protection against hazards from gases
- Design of components
When carrying out tests on IVD equipment, the requirements and tests are always checked in conjunction with the Particular Standard. The current international edition is version 3.1 of the IEC from January 2017.